Miso soup is a Japanese traditional soup. The main ingredients are dashi stock, miso paste, and other ingredients of your choice. The common version outside Japan is made with tofu and wakame.
For 2 Servings you will need:
- 1 piece of each (about 300 g of fresh peeled vegetables):
- potato (75 g)
- carrot (100 g)
- radish (100 g)
- (red) onion (25 g)
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp dashi powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 500 ml of water
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces.
- Add the cold water, dashi powder, the vegetables and the white part of the green onion in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover with lit and simmer for about 10 min.
- Turn off the heat and add the miso paste.
- Serve with a bowl of rice and sprinkle the remaining green onion on top.