Mini Marble Gugelhupf
These little cakes are very delicious and easy to make. You don’t need any leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda. In less than an hour they’re ready to be served.
The ingredients are for 12 pieces (~7×3,2cm).
You will need:
3 eggs (M for Europe, L for America)
125 g caster sugar
50 ml of vegetable oil
100 g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp milk (15ml)
1 tsp rum (optional)
1/2 tbsp candied orange peel (you can replace it with about 1/4 fresh orange peel or 1 tbsp orange marmalade)
vanilla sugar or vanilla extract (optional)
1 pinch of salt
For the cocoa part:
15 g cocoa + 1/2 tbsp sugar + 40 ml milk
Mix the cocoa with the sugar and then add the milk. Let it aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/356°F.
- Butter the mini forms/tray.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt till stiff.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and rum. Beat again until the sugar is dissolved. You can check by rubbing a little bit of egg white between your fingers.
- Add the egg yolks, oil, and mix gently.
- Sift the flour on top and gently incorporate it with a spatula (folding).
- Put half of the composition in the forms.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the remaining batter and pour it on top of the forms.
- With a skewer gently mix the batter to form a Marmor effect.
- Bake for about 22-25 min. Check with a skewer when it’s done.
Depending on the forms, you may have a little cocoa batter left. Don’t throw it away. Just put it in another small form and bake it together. I guarantee it won’t go to waste.
My forms are quite small (~7×3,2cm) so you may need to adjust the ingredients to fit your forms/try.