Easy green Asparagus recipe
One of the easiest ways to cook green Asparagus is to wrap it in bacon and either fry it, grill it, or bake it in the oven for a few minutes. Here is how I make it:
For 2 servings:
- 500 g green Asparagus
- bacon (one for each Asparagus spear)
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/392°F.
- Wash and peel the green Asparagus only a few cms on the bottom. Check out here how to peel it.
- In the tray/form which you want to use for baking, add 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix the Asparagus spears. Pay attention to the amount of salt since the bacon is also salty.
- Dress each of the Asparagus spears in a bacon slice and bake it for about 5-10 minutes.
If you don’t want to use the oven, you can fry the green Asparagus in a pan. In summer you can also grill them.