One of the easiest ways to cook green Asparagus is to wrap it in bacon and either fry it, grill it, or bake it in the oven for a few minutes. Here is how I make it:
For 2 servings:
- 500 g green Asparagus
- bacon (one for each Asparagus spear)
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/392°F.
- Wash and peel the green Asparagus only a few cms on the bottom. Check out here how to peel it.
- In the tray/form which you want to use for baking, add 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix the Asparagus spears. Pay attention to the amount of salt since the bacon is also salty.
- Dress each of the Asparagus spears in a bacon slice and bake it for about 5-10 minutes.
If you don’t want to use the oven, you can fry the green Asparagus in a pan. In summer you can also grill them.