I love sour cherries so I use them quite often in my baking. This time I adapted the classical tiramisu recipe to fit them in. I used sour cherry juice instead of coffee and added Kirschwasser (cherry brandy). I served it in small glasses so everyone can enjoy their own when they feel like it. This dessert is fast, delicious, and refreshing.
Ingredients for sour cherry tiramisu ~ 6-8 portions:
- 6 egg yolks
- 500g mascarpone
- 50g-100g caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 30 savoiardi (ladyfingers) ~ 300g or sponge cake
- 1 glass of sour cherries (700g): 350g sour cherries and 350g sour cherry juice
- 2 tbsp Kirschwasser – cherry brandy (optional)
- chocolate chips (use smaller ones for small containers)
- cocoa for powdering, shaved chocolate or chocolate sprinkles
- Make the cream as shown in the classical tiramisu recipe. Here you can find a detailed description on how to make tiramisu.
- Add a little bit of cream on the bottom of the recipient used for the cake.
- Dip the ladyfingers for 5-8 seconds in the sour cherry juice and layer them.
- Add sour cherries and chocolate pieces and cover them with half of the cream.
- Add another layer of soaked ladyfingers, sour cherries, and chocolate chips.
- Add the remaining cream.
- Top it with cocoa or chocolate. If you chose to use cocoa, powder it before serving so it doesn’t get wet from the humidity.
- Enjoy it!